With the government’s support, apprenticeships may aid in the recruitment of key employees for your company.
They are appropriate for individuals of all skill levels, so you may recruit someone new or upskill a current employee.
How do I offer an apprenticeship?
You must first create an apprenticeship service account before you can hire an apprentice.
You may then choose one of the following options:
- Using the locate apprenticeship training tool, you may discover an apprenticeship training course and a training provider.
- By employing an apprentice, you may create your own apprenticeship opportunity through the website.
If you create an apprenticeship opportunity, the government will publicise it on finding an apprenticeship.
You may manage the hiring process yourself or have your training provider conduct it for you.
An apprentice must complete the following tasks:
- must be at least 16 years old
- not be currently enrolled in a full-time school programme
- be an English citizen
There are other ways to find an apprentice and expand your applicant pool. You might, for example,
- Organise open days
- Visits to schools, universities, and other educational institutions
- Make use of social media
- Take part in employment fairs like WorldSkills UK Live