You will earn a wage, learn new skills, and create a difference by participating in an NHS apprenticeship. NHS apprenticeships offer entrance into many of the more than 350 NHS jobs through a mix of on-the-job training and classroom teaching.
What Apprenticeships are Available in the NHS?
Within the more than 350 separate NHS careers, an apprenticeship will lead to hundreds of different occupations. Here are a few examples:
- Allied Health Profession Support (Advanced Level)
- Apprentice ambulance practitioner (level 4)
- Care, Leadership and Management (level 5 Higher Apprenticeship)
- Dental Nursing (Advanced Level)
- Informatics (Intermediate and Advanced Level)
- Health and Social Care (Intermediate and Advanced Level)
- Healthcare science assistant (Intermediate – level 2)
- Maternity and Paediatric Support (Advanced Level)
- Nursing degree apprenticeships
- Operating department practice degree apprenticeship
- Pharmacy services assistant (level 2)
- Podiatry degree apprenticeship
For examples of the different types of health apprenticeships available, please see this helpful PDF.