Tattoo Apprentices, help design and apply tattoos. It is their responsibility to imprint a lasting image on a client’s body using specialised needles and ink that can endure the test of time (and taste).
Tattoos may be completely original designs created from scratch, or they can be part of a pre-designed library of templates to help clients discover the perfect tattoo for them.
Typical duties of a Tattoo Apprentice include the following:
- Consultation with clients to choose the kind of design they like
- Helping create a one-of-a-kind artwork based on the needs and preferences of customers
- Tracing the chosen pattern on the client’s skin, either freehand or with the aid of a transfer
- Using a tattoo machine to apply tattoos (never a tattoo gun)
- Sterilise all equipment and keep the workplace clean and healthy to minimise the risk of infection.